Friday, August 7, 2009

Oh Mother Nature...You funny girl

It seems as though Mother Nature is not without a sense of humor. As part of my lawn "upgrades" over the past couple of weeks (yeah, I still need to post the pictures, sorry Mom), we transplanted a lot of plants and put in a couple new trees. But of course, this being Minnesota meant that we are in the middle of a drought. I think we've had like 4 days of rain so far this year. While that is good for those with lake cabins (which does not include me :-( ) It is not particularly good for new/transplanted plants, especially with my schedule.

So today, on my off day, I decided to hit up the local Menards and pick up some garden watering kits. Cool little system...just a hose that you lay around the garden area and then you poke a hole in it and connected a small watering tube that then connects to a small sprinkler. That way you only water what needs to be watered...yay for conservation (Actually, the biggest benefit for me is that I don't have to got out and constantly move the dang hose).

Anyway, Mother Nature decided to be funny this morning and I woke up to a down pour. Guess I can't complain. But now I'm stuck in the house cause it's too rainy to work in the yard.

Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment